Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Monaco

Ugh, it has been awhile. It's been a while because I have been crazy busy, and I'm trying to write this update post but all I can think about is this yucky cat chewing and crunching on his paws in my ear. I push him away, and he goes just out of my reach and continues to eat his paws. CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. Ugh. Gross.

ANYWAYS!

So I went to Monaco for the Formula 1 Race! And it was great! We had a lot of fun, stayed in France, shuttled into Monaco, and just had an amazing time.
 Yay Monaco! I took a lot of photos this time, because it's dawned on me we don't have a lot of photo of the two of us.
 I took a photo of one of our airplanes, but I wasn't able to get a photo of the other. We flew Polish Airlines there, and Scandinavian Airlines back. We thought Polish Airlines was pretty cool on the way there. Pretty nice, decent food, relatively comfortable seats, nice crew. And THEN we flew Scandinavian Airlines... Hot towels, full bar, camera views of the plane, head screens for movies and TV in the seats. Pretty great.
 I think this one was taken in Poland during our layover. Not quite sure.
 This is the view from our hotel room in Nice. Interesting thing about Nice and Monaco is that none of the windows have screens. At all. That's because they don't have bugs over there like we do here. It didn't seem right.

 Our first night there we walked around a bit and found a nice corner bar and sat drinking outside while it rained.
 And the desserts... AMAZING. The food, not so much, but the desserts were incredible. I found myself a nice chocolate pear tart to take back to the hotel to eat, and yes, I ate the whole thing.




 And then there is the Hairpin, the entire reason we came. Slowest corner in Formula 1. Most famous corner in Formula one. We were able to get a really good look at the cars as they went around the truck.
 There was a large big screen outside of our F1 viewing suite, along with some of the most picturesque views I have ever seen. The entire trip was like being inside of a post card.
 There were a ton of Lamborghinis parked outside of the Fairmont
 See, we're actually there.
 And we had an open bar with free-flowing champagne the entire day. I really loved that part. Champagne all day? Yes please.

 One of the drivers had to be craned out in front of us too! He was okay, not hurt, but still. It's not every day you're eye-to-eye with a Formula 1 car seven stories in the air.
 And yes, they have McDonalds there too.
I definitely needed the giant pistachio macaron in the airport before we left. It was definitely worth it. 
Bruno really missed us, and we really missed him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment